Job ID: 1927463
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of innovative integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies, and international customers. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a passion for taking on challenges and helping others. If you are interested in fulfilling work and solving complex problems, then SAIC is right for you.
Do you want to work with a team of bright young professionals providing outstanding customer support in a very friendly and professional office? Our office received the “2018 CEO - Vibrant Workplace” award.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer with proven analytical skills for a junior-level knowledge management position. This person will work with system engineers across the different customer programs and projects to coordinate our customer’s Knowledge Management system. He or she will be responsible for working closely with the customer to establish emerging functional requirements for enhancements to the knowledge management website, coordinating and tracking development, and rolling out new capabilities.
Other responsibilities include:
- - Assist customer program managers with populating knowledge management pages
- - Coordinate with software developers to continue improving the knowledge management capability
- - Provide backup support for program risk, issue, and opportunity management
- - Assist in the administration of the risk, issues, and opportunities access database (RIO database)
- - Respond to adhoc questions regarding risks, issues, and opportunities for all customer programs and projects
Our office is in the “Yards”, the Navy Yard neighborhood in Washington, DC; one of DC’s up and coming neighborhoods. Situated south of Capitol Hill along the Anacostia River in Southeast Washington, Navy Yard exudes excitement and energy on the streets, hosts many new shops and restaurants, and is home to National Park and Audi Field. A great place to work!
- - Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or Master's and 0 years experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- - Ability to develop and maintain Microsoft Access database
Preferred Skills and Traits:
- Strong customer interpersonal skills
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with agile software development projects
- Experience in lifecycle risk management methodologies in a program management office
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and the DHS system engineering life cycle (SELC)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability