Mission Requirements Analyst - TS/SCI Cleared
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1927872
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Mission Requirements Analyst to fill a critical role on a new contract. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
An ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of government satellite systems, have strong insight into SIGINT mission fundamentals, and in-depth knowledge of satellite relevancy to Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community unique missions
The following tasks are representative of those that will be
accomplished at the request of the customer:
- Provides analysis of programmatic and user requirements
satisfaction issues as required and prepares reports, white papers, and
briefings for senior management and external organizations. Mission analysis of satellite architectures
to determine coverage and other performance metrics.
- Supports end-to-end performance evaluation activities of
the systems, such as identifying performance differences among baseline,
enhanced baseline, and alternate architectures.
Perform research and validation of enterprise level requirements as
applicable to specific satellite architectures.
- Provide advice and information on physical science aspects
of satellite support to multiple mission domains and battle space awareness
planning and mission assessments.
- Be familiar with translation of multiple mission
domain awareness operational requirements into satellite specifications, and
provide mission analysis support to legacy, current and future satellite
- Support system architecting and planning studies,
requirements development and verification, and compliance analyses against
enterprise level requirements.
- Support for management of tools and databases used
for related satellite mission assessment activities.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering, physics, math, or space operations
- Proficient in MATLAB, Python, Advanced Excel, and other software tools used in analysis
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Experience with tool development for executing mission planning for tasking satellites
- Experience performing analysis of satellite orbits or constellation orbits to determine sensor coverage areas
- Experience processing mission data from satellites
- Ability to travel domestically
Desired Qualifications:Masters Degree in an Engineering, physics, math, or space operationsUnderstanding of and experience with standard systems engineering practices to include systems architecture, analysis and dynamics and system and subsystem characterizationAcquisition experience and certificationsPrevious experience in the program officeActive member of PMI, IEEE, or INCOSE
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability