Systems Engineer Principal
Job ID: 1927772
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is hiring a Systems Engineer to collaborate across National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and the Intelligence Community (IC) to identify missions, architectures, interfaces and data flows.
- Leads coordination across NGA Key Components, with CIO-T offices, GEOINT standards, Research, Portfolio and Initiative leads to translate current and future capabilities into actionable initiatives, monitor implementations and assess compliancy across the architecture.
- Leads the external engagements across the Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), and Commonwealth Partners (Allied System for Geospatial-Intelligence (ASG)) to ensure integration and alignment of enterprise architecture to a common architecture baseline.
- Understands and translates the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF) or Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and requires the understanding of the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF), the Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM) and the Intelligence Community Program Architecture Guide (ICPAG) implementation to ensure NGA’s compliance in the development of the GEOINT Enterprise Architecture (GEA).
- Supports briefings in NGA and external IC and ASG forums. Assist in the preparation of routine and special topic briefings and reports; prepares and distribute briefing reports and read-ahead material.
- Provides superior customer service with emphasis to the Enterprise Architecture consumers.
- Interface professionally with different personalities in a range of positions, including many at very senior levels across multiple agencies.
- Provide general support services necessary to complete associated tasks and responsibilities of the Architecture Division in the development and implementation of architecture documents for the GEOINT Enterprise Architecture.
- Provide the Government support in the development of multiple architectural models or views used to analyze current and future organizational needs, ensuring the enterprise business needs are met and provides an effective decision making tool.
- Prioritize, plan, report and implement requirements for the purpose of promoting TAED work and products in support of the GEOINT CONOPS 2022.
- Maintain the customer Master Schedule
- Maintenance customer SharePoint and Intellipedia pages.
- Professionally interact with senior-level directors and/or agency heads.
- Demonstrate keen interpersonal and customer service, data gathering, analysis, effective management and organization, competent oral and written skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan and lead sub-tasks/projects. Multi-task and work in an often fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Execute and complete rapid turn-around and short-suspense tasks.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF), Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM) and the Intelligence Community Program Architecture Guide (ICPAG)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience working on Intelligence Community or
Department of Defense offices and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 plus years of experience
within the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), Open Group Architecture
Framework (TOGAF), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF), Joint
Architecture Reference Model (JARM) and the Intelligence Community Program
Architecture Guide (ICPAG) or related field.
- Experience with continuous service / process
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability