Job ID: 1926608
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Evening Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objective while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we “Redefine Ingenuity”.
SAIC is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator that will be responsible for maintaining, scheduling, executing software and hardware upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations, identifying and troubleshooting hardware/software issues with workstations and servers, and continuous system monitoring. The candidate shall be able to demonstrate the ability to create and maintain detailed documentation, participate in group collaboration/project planning, and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels within the organization. The candidate must be able to support a second shift schedule, 5 days a week (Monday – Friday) from 1200 – 2000 or 1300 – 2200, as well as occasional off-hours support (8 hour shifts within those time frames).
• Active TS/SCI with Poly
• Degree in Computer Science, Systems Administration, Information Technology, or closely related field – work experience can be can be substituted in lieu of degree
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience of Linux Systems Administration
• Experience with Linux administration, to include familiarity with troubleshooting network, local storage, and programs/utilities issues; working understanding of IPtables, tcpdump, OpenVPN
• Experience with virtualization experience with vSphere (vCenter/ESXi hosts) and troubleshooting virtual machine/operating systems in virtual environments
• Experience with creating, updating, and executing basic scripting, i.e. batch, PowerShell, BASH, Python, etc.
• Experience with Cloud Service Providers and administration, i.e. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
• Experience with automation tools, i.e. Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.
• Certifications: RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), A+, N+, Cisco CCNA, CISSP, and/or Juniper certification (JNCIA)
• Demonstrated hand-on experience with and/or qualifications as an AWS Solutions Architect
• Demonstrated experience with Linux, PKI certificates tools and libraries, and DevOps
• Demonstrated understanding of Ubuntu 14/16
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability