SAIC is seeking experienced personnel for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) program to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
The Incident Response Lead performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant public health field in support of major programs or system development. Applies expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems. Leads team in the development and delivery of guidance documents, exercises, and training in support of program objectives.
During a Biodetection Actionable Result (BAR), the Incident Response Lead will assist the federal Biodetection Program Office and on-call Biodetection Duty Officer in coordinating and responding to BAR declarations by performing the following tasks:
• Develop and maintain a Biodetection Incident Response / Emergency Operations Plan to delineate and codify the Program Office’s response to BAR declarations and define roles, responsibilities, and coordination points with the DHS National Operations Center (NOC) and other key stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain the BAR Data Form used by jurisdictions to record important data related to a biological event.
• Assist the Government in responding to an environmental biodetection within one (1) hour of a BAR declaration according to established protocols. This response may include:
o Notification of BAR declaration and Biodetection National Conference Call (BWNCC) information, as applicable;
o Facilitation of the BWNCC;
o Communication with CWMD Leadership, as needed;
o Development of Situation Reports;
o Notifications of a Post-BAR Awareness Conference Call;
o Obtains laboratory timeline from the jurisdiction;
o Prepare pertinent information for the next day’s CWMD Senior Leadership briefing to include site map of jurisdiction with detection PSU(s) indicated, a short narrative summary of the event, and a three bullet point summary of events;
o Development of an After-Action Report (AAR) to CWMD Leadership;
o Development of a Response Improvement Plan, as necessary.
o Contractor staff shall be capable of providing this assistance from home or other remote location for incidents occurring outside core business hours.
Masters or Doctorate-level degree in public health, environmental science, emergency management/preparedness or related field.
Ten (10) years’ experience working in public health, preparedness and/or response with at least 8 years’ experience designing and implementing exercises involving infectious disease monitoring and response, public health preparedness, surveillance, or environmental health and/or developing preparedness documents to include, concept of operations, response plans, and guidance documents.
Clearance: DHS Suitability and/or Secret. Ability to obtain Top Secret.
Experience with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CWMD Office, DHS HQ and DHS operational components desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in CBRN material as well as an understanding of the hazards associated with their manufacture, transport and use
• Knowledge of Secure the Cities, BioWatch, and/or other major WMD detection programs
• Experience in training, exercise development and execution
• Experience in deliberate planning
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability