SAIC is seeking experienced personnel for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) program to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
The Training and Exercise Lead will apply mission related subject matter expertise and experience to strategic exercise initiatives including but not limited to: research of current and emerging threats and relevant policies, programs, and operational capabilities in an effort to explore solutions during senior leader exercise events. Extensive practical experience in both preparation for, and facilitation of, Senior and Principal level leadership during high profile exercises is a critical requirement. Managing project teams to ensure exercises meet the required goals and objectives on schedule will also be required.
Training Support includes:
• Conducting research and analysis to support establishing national CBRN Primary and Secondary Screening training requirements and gaps
• Supporting identification of potential partners to deliver chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear training through partners, such as Community Colleges, Centers of Excellence, Training Consortium partners, and law enforcement academies
• Supporting developing a comprehensive multi-year CWMD Training Plan
• Supporting the development and delivery of training within CWMD, DHS and with other federal, state and local partners
• Supporting developing various methods for delivering training, such as classroom instructor led, mobile training teams, and online training
• Supporting efforts to gather and report on training data as required
• Supporting delivery of training for DHS EMS/EMT/Paramedic providers and first responders.
• Directly support realistic training environments and scenarios, to include providing WMD training surrogates, sources, simulators and signatures
Exercise Support includes:
• Support exercise development via concept papers, storyboards, meeting support, project tasks
• Support developing documentation, materials, and supplies in preparation for, conduct of, and post-event reporting based on the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) exercise planning approach.
• Support developing exercise materials, including Situation Manuals, Exercise Plans, Participant Feedback Forms, etc.
• Support developing PowerPoint presentations/briefings for the Controller/Evaluator Brief, Observer Brief, Actor Brief, and Controller/Evaluator Debrief
• Support conduct of After Action Conference reviews and draft written reports
• Support maintaining regional and national trending exercise data in the form of Master Improvement Planning Matrix’s, for best practices, lessons learned, and gap/vulnerability identification.
• Prepare and submit final copies of AARs
• Assist with the development of external project reports that include, but are not limited to: monthly program reviews, quarterly program assessments, and other reports related to project management. Prepare executive reports and briefings for various projects. Conduct and monitor data calls for CWMD components. Provide deliverable tracking, review deliverables, and provide guidance for improvements. Support data collection activities. Analyze programmatic data, report findings, and earned value management (EVM) products, as well as conduct process improvement evaluations. Support the monitoring of exercise project level costs as identified by the PM
MS or MA or equivalent and twelve (12) years or more experience.
More than 10 years of experience in training and exercise environment.
Experience preparing After Action Reports (AARs)
Knowledge of cost and schedule management and earned value management/reporting
Clearance: Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability