Job ID: 1927054
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Subcategory: Administrative Assistant
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
The Executive Assistant is responsible for executing a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and activities. This position provides primary support to the Finance Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant interacts with Executive Leadership and SAIC staff at all levels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Absolute confidentiality and a high degree of professionalism are critical to this position.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
· Create presentations, spreadsheets, and documents as needed and successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables and other tasks that facilitate the Finance Leadership Team. Manage special projects as assigned.
· Manage Finance Leadership Team calendars, including internal and external commitments, and coordinate logistics for meetings and special events. Ensure that schedules are followed and respected to optimize schedules.
· Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas. Timely create and track expense reports.
· Proactively take charge of situations and understand the importance and urgency of issues while maintaining a calm and organized environment. Use independent judgment, initiative and tact to make administrative decisions, resolve issues and escalate to the appropriate areas in a timely manner with careful regard for confidentiality and in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
· Continuously look for ways to increase organization, improve efficiency, and solve problems while meeting deadlines.
· Communicate directly, and on behalf of Finance Leadership, with internal and external stakeholders. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns and determine appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
· Partner with key administrative staff across the enterprise and provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Finance office and other parts of the company. Demonstrate leadership and professional maturity to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization.
· Coordinate processing of purchase orders and process invoices in the NPO payment system. Attend trainings to be familiar with policies and procedures.
· Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
· Maintain files; make copies and other administrative duties as assigned
· Plan networking/teambuilding events for staff
· Manage org chart changes
· Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of related work experience, preferably supporting a large organization, or 4 additional years of comparable experience in an executive administrative role within a professional business environment in lieu of a degree.
· Advanced level of skills and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of executive-level meetings, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders with confidentiality and discretion.
· Prior experience supporting executives in a corporate financial environment highly desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability