As part of the Corporate Procurement Organization, the Strategic Sourcing Team seeks a highly motivated candidate to fill the Principal Strategic Sourcing Analyst position. This individual will report to the Corporate Procurement Manager, working under minimal supervision, and will create and implement strategic partnerships in support of market segment goals, analyze and leverage enterprise spend, lead large corporate sourcing initiatives, monitor acquisition trends, and identify and capture areas for cost savings and avoidance.
- Manage strategic, corporate-level supplier agreements in compliance with procurement rules and regulations. This support requires working closely with suppliers and internal customers and spans all stages of the lifecycle, from customer relationship management through sourcing events, terms and conditions and pricing negotiation, and administration and management of strategic supplier relationships.
- Communicate new agreements/procurement solutions to internal stakeholders to assist with change management. This support includes the creation of agreement abstracts, summarizing pertinent agreement information for publication and use as reference by Procurement, Technical, and Financial personnel.
- Identify and analyze contractual risk elements, and work with relevant corporate functional areas (e.g., Legal, Accounting, Marketing, etc.) to develop negotiation plans, alternate solutions, and/or acceptance of risk by SAIC strategic decision makers and influencers.
- Manage, maintain, and analyze value being achieved from existing agreements/agreement portfolios, and mature spend categories. Support activities to optimize the portfolio of suppliers and then identify, capture and manage preferred supplier relationships.
- Collect, model, analyze, and interpret enterprise spend data to identify actionable opportunities to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare associated supporting procurement documentation (including price analyses) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, maintain records using enterprise content management software.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Strategic Sourcing Team and the Corporate Procurement Organization, including creating and maintaining POs using the Deltek Costpoint ERP system if needed.
- Bachelor’s with a minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience; Master's with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience, or JD with a minimum of two (2) years of experience.
- Experience negotiating large-scale agreements with commercial suppliers, preferably strategic agreements and for both services and materials.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with executive management, legal counsel, and technical and functional points of contact in an articulate and professional manner.
- Experience working with information systems to extract and analyze spend data.
- Working knowledge of federal contracts and procurement rules, including FAR/DFARS regulations. Basic knowledge of Privacy and Cyber Security requirements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain productivity for several complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a dynamic team, solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and standard computer applications.
A cover letter must be submitted (along with a resume) in order to be considered for this position.
- Professional certification in Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management (PMP).
- Experience in strategic planning, strategic sourcing, presenting, financial analysis, data mining, system design and analysis, project management.
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability