Job ID: 1927470
Location: DAHLGREN, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
JOB DESCRIPTION: Logistics Analysist
SAIC has an upcoming need for a Logistics Analyst. The successful candidate will provide property management support to Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD).
The successful candidate will be required to:
· Tag and record Plant and Minor Property Equipment in Navy ERP.
· Assist Technical departments by answering questions or concerns relating to General Equipment and Operating Materials & Supplies (OM&S).
· Conduct physical inventories of General Equipment, and OM&S.
· Maintain subsidiary accounts for Assets under Development, Fixed Assets, and Accumulated Depreciation using Navy ERP.
· Provide verbal and written assistance regarding Navy ERP system issues and may be required to participate in group/team meetings.
· Maintain and reconcile property records for land, buildings, and plant equipment.
· Maintain general equipment receipt and transfer request files.
· Utilize Navy ERP to process OM&S issue and transfer transactions.
· Scan and upload general equipment key supporting documents to Navy ERP.
· Conduct inventory of containers, including container condition, name plate verification and validation.
· Assist technical users with the proper packing of the container by adhering to Defense Transportation Regulations.
· Reconcile and validate shipping manifests against the actual contents of the container and report their findings to the Container Control Officer.
· Match end user material requests to various databases (technical screening). Various databases include Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS), Haystack, Navy Logistics Library (NLL), One Touch, and Navy ERP.
· Request creation or extension of Material Master Records from the NAVSEA ERP Business Office (NEBO) if no match is found in Navy ERP.
· Work with technical departments to answer questions or concerns relating to material management and general supply assistance.
· Work with local Government Points of Contact (POCs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop localized job aides for specific Navy ERP roles, deemed critical learning materials, for local users to better understand the new business processes deployed within Navy ERP and the interdependencies of source data. Job aids include quick reference guides, process flow diagrams, and localized forms.
· Utilize the Navy ERP to process OM&S issue and transfer transactions.
· Work with local Government POCs and SMEs to conduct analysis of material and financial data and develop applicable process documentation to ensure FIAR compliant processes are recorded and accessible. Process documentation includes training materials including PowerPoint conceptual information and guided exercises for gaining proficiency, printable and online desk guides, and work instructions that are step-by-step instructions for Navy ERP transaction accomplishment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) years of related experience which shall include cost estimating, maintain and track inventory and equipment and physical audits of inventory. Must possess transactional knowledge and experience with the Navy ERP Asset Management Module. A minimum of two years’ experience screening material requirements in various databases, including Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS), Haystack, Navy Logistics Library (NLL), One Touch and Navy ERP. Experience with creating Material Master Records in Navy ERP.
Position Specific Experience/Skills:
· Candidate must possess experience to include cost estimating, maintain and track inventory and equipment and physical audits of inventory. Transactional knowledge and experience with the Navy ERP Asset Management Module.
· A candidate with a background in Logistics is a plus.
· Minimum Two (2) yrs Windows and Microsoft Office experience. Must be able to create, modify, review and report Spreadsheets, Documents and Presentations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability