Security Analyst Sr_NASA_NICS
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1927249
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC currently has an opportunity for an experienced Communication Security (COMSEC) Account Manager (CAM) to fill a full-time position at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, AL. This position requires an active/current Top Secret clearance (SCI eligible).
- Conduct MSFC COMSEC inspections and inventories.
- Provide information to OPS personnel regarding advancements and developments concerning COMSEC.
- Maintain currency and proficiency on National COMSEC policies and secure telecommunications equipment.
- Responsible for operations, applications and maintenance of the COMSEC Account and perform all functions of classified COMSEC material control in accordance with Government security directives for the receipt, custody, issuance, safeguarding, accounting and destruction of COMSEC software and hardware at MSFC.
- Maintain COMSEC account records and submit required accounting reports to appropriate Government agency as established in NASA guidelines and COMSEC SOPs.
- Update, based on National Security Agency or NASA Central Office of Record (COR) issued amendments. Updates to regulations or equipment shall be made upon issuance from the referenced authorities.
- Maintain accountability of the location and identity of COMSEC items in the account and the purpose for which each item is being used.
- Ship classified COMSEC hardware and Cryptographic Keys via the Defense Courier Service, and ensure compliance with contract delivery schedules and security safeguarding requirements.
- Monitor, submit requests, issue COMSEC materials, conduct inventories and periodic inspections of MSFC COMSEC facilities, document findings, observations, recommendations and take required actions.
- Act as the Government representative during recurring NASA COR for COMSEC account security inspections, and be responsible for conducting corrective actions and report documentation related to the inspection.
- CAM shall have technical working knowledge of Secure Terminal Equipment (STE) and vIPer, Network Encryption Systems, NASA-approved data/voice/fax/audio, and video conferencing encryption devices. CAM shall have applied knowledge of Data Terminal Devices, and upgrading of STE/vIPer software. Train COMSEC users, provide briefings and maintain documentation.
- Performing Over-The-Air-Transfer (OTAT) of key material to remote sites using the General Dynamics Sectera vIPer and the L-3 Secure Terminal Equipment (STE).
- Using the Distributed Information Security (INFOSEC) Accounting System (DIAS).
- Update OPS statistical data to include the Hardware Register Number, Location of User, Associated Key Status and Register Number.
- Implement and maintain the COMSEC Account in Accordance with the NASA COMSEC SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and six (6) years or more related experience. Master’s degree in a related field and four (4) or more years related experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 5 years relevant professional experience.
- National Classification, Declassification, Marking and Safeguarding CNSI policy
- National Standards for Classified Processing
- Director of National Intelligence/Intelligence Community Policy
- National Industrial Security Program
- NASA Security Program Procedural NPR 1600.1
- Must have strong background in downloading and transferring of electronic key data; using COMSEC devices such as, AN/CYZ-10 Data Transfer Devices, KOI-18 Paper Tape readers and other COMSEC equipment.
- Completion of a COMSEC Account Manager course.
- Experience with various Type 1 Cryptographic devices, keys and loaders.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability