SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet Help Desk
Support Technician (with an Active DoD SECRET and/or TS/SCI clearance) in San
This role will support the Tactical
Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA).
TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital
Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services
(CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime
(CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive
Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System
(VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center
Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems. Support is provided
to United States Navy (USN) Fleet Users/Administrators.
Job Duties include:
- Via distance support (Help Desk), provide technical
assistance and troubleshooting steps to USN Fleet Users/Administrators with
PMW160 TACNET CB-ISEA supported networks.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, over
the phone, and via email.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software
issues as well as logistics and administrative questions.
- Research questions using available information resources:
technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages
(FAMs), and internal approved knowledge base(s).
- Advise customer on appropriate action(s) towards resolution.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions in IT Service Management
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document
- Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of
- Supports rotating shifts provide 24 hour support 5 days per
week with occasional on-call weekends.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience:
- AA Degree in related
discipline and one (1) year related experience, OR High School and two (2)
years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Have OR able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ within 6 months of
- Experience with basic networking concepts and protocols
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and
- Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Problem analysis
- Attention to detail
- 1+ years of prior IT Helpdesk related work
experience in a Windows call center environment.
- 1 year of experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic,
Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems is a must.
- Familiarity with one of the following systems a
PLUS: CANES, ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS/ORT, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS,
CND and SCIP-IWF.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability