SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to join SAIC to support our PBGC customer in Washington, D.C. This position is a member of a team that supports the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Development, Modernization, and Enhancement Team providing engineering solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD.
- Manage the weekly device and network scanning program using Tenable SecurityCenter and Tenable Nessus in an environment with approximately six thousand configuration items.
- Reporting directly to the Patch and Vulnerability Management Team lead
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree plus nine (5) years of related information security experience otherwise 7 years of work experience performing the tasks defined in the job description.
- Knowledgeable of how to execute weekly scheduled scans, ad-hoc scans and decommission scans.
- Knowledgeable of how to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve scan issues.
- Capable of working with the Windows, Linux, Telephony and Network teams to resolve credential scan access issues.
- Capable of working with the scan tool vendor to resolve application scan issues.
- Familiar of working with the Change Management team to secure approval for proposed changes and facilitating the implementation of changes via ServiceNow and performing validation scans to assess change implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of using Microsoft Excel to analyze and present scan data using pivot tables and other similar tools.
- Having some experience with scripting to automate the development of reports and presentations will be very useful.
- Capable of developing, documenting and improving work instructions for weekly scanning of the entire environment and contributing to the development of the Patch and Vulnerability Management standard operating procedures.
- An effective communicator that can communicate will in writing and verbally with the team and pertinent stakeholders.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability