Job ID: 1927141
Location: STENNIS SPACE CENTER, MS, United States
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
- Responsible for development, modification and evaluation of electrical power systems. Develops specifications for selecting electrical components and equipment to use.
- Works on complex problems.
- Selected candidate will expedite review of proposed client system installations and changes, and the impact of those systems on the electrical infrastructure, including: Power Distribution Unit requirements to optimize use of available circuits; monitor actual versus design loads and recommend improvements for better utilization of infrastructure, and development of panel schedules and requirements for electrical installations and upgrades.
- Tasking includes but will not be limited to: research, specify, evaluate and document engineering drawings, plans, and other related documents and materials.
- The EE will provide modeling support input in the preparation of detailed design, system testing, and commissioning. Work will be performed with minimal supervision.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Must have knowledge of electrical systems including: power factor correction, branch circuit load calculation and optimization, high capacity (1000kVA) Uninterruptable Power Supplies, large power backup generator and control systems, high and medium voltage switchgear, 13.8kV power systems and below, SCADA.
- Knowledgeable of IEEE standards and National Electrical Code required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office software required.
- Locates malfunctions, traces sources and circuits using voltmeters, amp-meters, watt-meters and other testing equipment.
- Must be able to oversee field installations, develop strategic goals and policy.
- Must have excellent communication skill (both oral and written) and good reading skills to interpret drawings and electrical code specifications.
- Teamwork skills are a must when working on large projects with co- workers and client representatives. U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date.
- Inability to obtain and maintain a final Secret clearance will result in ineligibility.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Data center power systems experience desired.
- Electrical Engineer, desired. CAD experienced desired.
- Power generation, utility distribution experience desired.
- Overcurrent protection coordination, arc flash analysis (with associated work plans), EasyPower (softwar
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability