Job ID: 1927303
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has immediate need for an experienced C++ Software Developer, supporting the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) for the CCDC Aviation and Missile Center, Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) located on Redstone Arsenal, in Huntsville, Alabama.
The candidate will be responsible for design and development of embedded software for military systems. The candidate will perform development activities for the full life cycle of a software program. Duties may include requirements analysis, design, coding, integration, test, documentation, and support. The candidate will also participate in software team meetings, hardware and software design reviews, and technical interchange meetings. The software engineering process also empowers the candidate to work with Cyber, Safety, QC, Operations, and Test organizations to deliver high quality working software. The candidates will work in a team environment, with well-defined goals, supporting both new and legacy embedded systems. The candidate is able to receive timely feedback on software implementation by working directly with the customer, ensuring Agility and delivering a software product that fills immediate needs.
· BS in STEM related Engineering field or related technical discipline and 5+ years of related experience is require [4 YOE accepted in lieu of degree].
· C/C++ and other Object Oriented Languages
· Object Oriented Design methods and practices
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Desire to learn embedded systems concepts and participate in all phases and activities of the software development lifecycle
· Object-oriented programming and design, including unit testing.
· Software Development for Embedded Systems
· Unified Modeling Language (UML)
· MS Visual Studio (VS2017), VxWorks, Linux, SCM tools
· Enterprise Architect
· Agile Development Experience
· Scrum Experience
· Certified ScrumMaster
· Working on a cross-functional teams with many engineering disciplines
· Continuous Integration and Automation
· Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior. Current SECRET clearance preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability