Job ID: 1927256
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2020
Subcategory: SW Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Performs analysis, design, coding, and testing for system software components, databases, and applications possessing a wide range of capabilities (e.g., engineering, business, and records management functions); develops requirements and technical specifications; prepares program and customer-level documentation; assists senior analysts in preparing input and test data for the pro-posed system; and enhances and maintains software. Typically required to work as a team member under the supervision of direction of senior personnel. Has experience in the specific analysis and programming discipline(s) described in an actual task order proposal.
Other role and responsibilities
· Main point of contact for team leadership on the Production Support team.
· Monitors servers and server logs, writes and updates Bash Shell scripts and Java programs for improved log monitoring,
· Provide end user assistance and works with the development team to identify root cause of application failures.
· Supports the onboarding of new team members, including training and responding to new inquiries on a day to day basis.
· Organize the team schedule and responds to requests sent by other teams, such as process changes and knowledge base articles.
· Hosts weekly meetings to discuss post production status and create reports detailing successes, shortcomings and improvements to be deliberated.
· Participate in on call duty to provide 24 hours support in case of emergency and quickly respond to outages, writing SQL queries and Bash Shell scripts to gather valuable information and report to other teams.
Develops and trains in new Automated Testing software. Assists the System Architect in improving tools related to Configuration Management.
AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relavent certification.
AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevant certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability