SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Administrator on the Apache (AH-64D) Post Production Software Support (PPSS) project at Systems Simulation and Software Integration (S3I) in Huntsville, AL. This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Operate as the system admin for the Apache PPSS lab and report to the project manager
- Work independently with general direction and as a team member
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational maintenance, support, and software upgrades for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers, Windows 10 workstations, and Solaris 10 servers.
- Manages multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs) using VMware’s ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system manager.
- Continually monitors and tunes system resources to achieve optimum performance, maximize system uptime, and troubleshoot system problems
- Performs complex software installations and upgrades to the operating systems, system services, application support packages, and application programs for Windows, and Linux software product deliverables
- Schedule backups, installations, and upgrades and maintain the system hardware and software in accordance with the customer’s IT and IA policies and procedures
- Ensure system and application data recoverability by maintaining a schedule of system backups, database archives, and restoration operations
- Provide quick reaction support to the Common Test Environment (CTE) development team and the gov't customer, to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
- Works with the engineering team to ensure system and application data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Works with the engineering team to plan, implement, and test upgrades to the system hardware and software
- Works with the IA team on security vulnerability and compliance scanning of the system servers and workstations as required under a DoD Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Works with the IA team to maintain a Risk Management Framework (RMF) posture and participate in the RMF activities required to achieve and maintain an ATO
- Executes and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules
- Conducts hardware and software audits of servers, workstations, and mobile devices to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Successful candidate will be able to perform day-to-day maintenance, operations and support for enterprise level operating systems, zero clients and servers.
- Will direct and perform upgrades to end user and network operations center systems.
- Monitors system analyzing appliances and takes action as necessary to tune system performance and/or mitigate actual and perceived threats to systems.
- Ensures data integrity and storage to Federal standards.
- Conducts audits of equipment and production systems and creates appropriate reports.
- Support VDI/VMware environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and one (1) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience (years of experience can be used in lieu of degree)
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience in Windows server and workstation system administration including Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- Experience in VMware virtual machines, services, and tools
- Experience in the interpretation of IA vulnerability and compliance and scan reports and the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to remove vulnerabilities for IA compliance
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
* CompTIA+, Security+ CE, Solaris 10, VM Certifications
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability