SAIC is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center. This individual will work closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
• Develop/maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
• Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal product.
• Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
• Manage and direct all proposal efforts to include preparation, revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
• Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
• Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
• Provide daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
• Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject matter experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
• Work with the color review leads to convene color teams and prepare color team package. Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
• Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team. Revise schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
• Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
• 13 to 15 years of demonstrated experience managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
• Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality material
• Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
• Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
• Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of the FAR, especially best-value aspects
• Ability to coordinate off-site subcontractors and proposal team
• Familiarity with the use of proposal collaboration tools
Candidate must have a secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI. Current TS/SCI preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability