Job ID: 1926920
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Subcategory: Technical Writer/Ed
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
DescriptionThe technical SETA contractor will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Individual Capabilities Required:
· Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
· Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
· Gather technical information, prepares written text.
· Maintain a current internal documentation library.
· Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
· Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
· Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
· Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
· Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
· Work on all phases of documentation, coordinate layouts and design of documents.
· Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
· Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
· Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
· Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
· Research highly technical subject matter organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
A candidate must have six years of experience in technical writing and a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university. Four years of additional technical writing experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Position requires TS/SCI w/Poly
In addition, they shall have:
· Strong oral and interpersonal communications skills;
· Ability to work within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete; and
· Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability