This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1927093
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a rewarding position supporting the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) open at the Johnson Space Center in Houston helping to continue our exploration of space. Come join our team and help us continue the mission of space exploration.
- Provide expertise in the application of system safety and reliability analyses in support of NASA’s human spaceflight programs including the Orion Multipurpose Crewed Vehicle and Gateway Programs
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. (4 years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree)
- Knowledgeable on various statistical analysis methodologies, tools and techniques including their proper application and limitations.
- Ability to pass a NASA background check to get access to NASA facilities and IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple organizations / stakeholders and within a teaming environment to get results
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight, to prioritize work and accomplish tasks within tight schedule constraints
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and condense complex issues into concise, easily understood presentations
- Ability to generate high quality written technical reports and prepare and give high quality technical presentations for senior management and the NASA customer
- Proficient in the use of Excel and other statistical tools
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability