SAIC has an immediate opportunity for an IT Engineer on the Army
Game Studio team at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. This position requires a Secret Clearance.
- Operate as a member of the IT team and report to the lead system
- Work independently with general direction and as a team member
under the direction of the project’s IT team lead.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational
maintenance, support, and software upgrades for Windows Server 2016 & 2012
R2 servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers, CentOS servers, and
Windows 10 workstations.
Manage multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs)
using VMware’s ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system
Continually monitor and tune system resources to achieve optimum
performance, maximize system uptime, and troubleshoot system problems.
Perform complex software installations and upgrades to the
operating systems, system services, application support packages, and
application programs for Windows, and Linux software product deliverables.
Schedule installations and upgrades, and maintain the system
hardware and software in accordance with the customer’s IT and Cybersecurity
policies and procedures.
Ensure system and application data recoverability by maintaining a
schedule of system backups, database archives, and restoration operations.
Provide quick reaction support to the Development team and the U.S.
Army customer, to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system and software problems
for client workstations and in house applications.
Works with the Development team to architect system and
application requirements and procedures for DevOps practices.
Works with the Development team in architecting Amazon Web
Services based solutions that follow DoD Cloud Security Requirements Guide.
Works with the CCDC CIO/G6 office on security vulnerability and
compliance scanning of the system servers and workstations as required under a
DoD Authority to Operate (ATO).
Works with the CIO/G6 Cybersecurity team to maintain a Risk
Management Framework (RMF) posture and participate in the RMF activities
required to achieve and maintain an ATO.
Executes and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
Conducts hardware and software audits of servers, workstations,
and mobile devices to ensure compliance with established standards, policies,
and configuration guidelines.
Successful candidate will be able to perform day-to-day
maintenance, operations and support for enterprise level operating systems,
zero clients and servers.
Monitors system analyzing appliances and takes action as necessary
to tune system performance and/or mitigate actual and perceived threats to
Ensures data integrity and storage to Federal standards.
Aides in the auditing of Customer owned equipment to ensure proper
- Bachelors and four (4) years experience (can
substitute 4 years experience for education).
- Active Secret clearance.
- Security+ CE, an Approved Computing Environment certification, AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Must possess 8570 IA Baseline Certification
- Experience in DevOps solutions and best practices.3 years’ experience in Windows server and workstation troubleshooting and system administration, including Windows Server 2012, 2016, and Windows 10.
- 3 years’ experience in VMware virtual machines, services, and tools.
- Experience in the interpretation of Common Vulnerability and Exposures (CVE), compliance and scan reports, and the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to remove vulnerabilities for Cybersecurity compliance.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell.
- Experience in human-readable data-serialization languages such as YAML and JSON.
Experience in Cloud based services; Understanding of cloud service best practices.
Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management.
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers.
Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, and administration.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability