Job ID: 1926667
Location: COLLEGE PARK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is interested in hiring Backup and Storage Engineer for one of our programs supporting the FDA. SAIC supports the FDA and their scientists in Scientific Computing to include but not limited to; technical and research aspects (e.g., hardware, software, desktop support, infrastructure, virtualization all in a laboratory environment) supporting a variety of FDA Centers. This position will support the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition in College Park, MD.
He/she must be able to support all aspects of the backup and storage infrastructure, which includes ensuring all scientific computing data is backed up and stored to maintain data integrity. The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert and provide proactive management of the backup and storage devices and functions. Foundational experience with engineering, administration, configuration, implementation, and evaluation of products is a must. He/she also should have a foundation in Windows and Linux, network management skills, and the ability to effectively work with other scientific computing engineers in project teams to resolve issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform an extensive evaluation of the existing EMC Isilon backup and storage infrastructure; to include the evaluation of other solutions and summary of results/recommendations
- Install, configure, and manage the EMC Isilon backup and storage infrastructure.
- Monitor the health of the backup and storage infrastructure in various datacenters.
- Manage the backup and storage infrastructure and data transfers between datacenters.
- Manage disaster recovery of the scientific computing environment, for both servers and endpoints.
- Coordinate with various engineering, network & security and server Admin teams.
- Understand all scientific computing resource integration with complex storage technologies.
- The ability to support the administration of various Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems.
- Manage Active Directory OU and Security group, as appropriate.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an FDA Public Trust clearance.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must meet the minimum qualifications listed below:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Related field and 5+ years of related work experience. Will accept a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Degree fields include hard science, chemistry, physics, engineering (any), information systems, and computer science.
- 5+ years of experience with relatable backup and storage environments, as well as providing effective support and capacity management oversight.
- 5+ years’ experience in the following areas: Tiered backup solutions, Enterprise network storage
- Advanced understanding of Scientific and business processes.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud services
- Familiarity with Pure Storage solutions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability