The Sr. Project Management position is part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) who supports the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, Service Management Office (SMO) supporting the Telecommunications, Wireless and Data (TWD) Division. The Sr. Project Manager is supports all Department of State customers who require new Voice and Data services and is responsible for managing the entire life cycle of a project assigned to include identifying stakeholders, gathering requirements, establishing a basis of estimate (labor and materials), drafting/finalizing SOW and cost estimate documentation, creating/maintain schedule(s), managing/coordinating implementation activities, and project closeout.
Description of Duties:
- Works directly with and takes assignments from the PMO Team Lead and/or PMO Director who provides project assignment from the Project Pipeline process.
- Reviews initial stakeholder lists and requirements and coordinates initial project kick-off meeting(s) and site surveys.
- Engages frequently with PMO resources and other TWD Support Teams to ensure project milestones are met.
- Monitors, updates, and reports on project status and schedule using project management information system(s) and other project management tools.
- Escalates internal/external issues/concerns/risks promptly to PMO Team Lead, PMO Director, and/or Government Manager to ensure matters are addressed timely as to not impact schedule.
- Accountable for scope, cost/budget, and schedule/milestones for all assigned projects.
- Manages development and quality delivery of all project-related documents and deliverables.
- Creates, updates, and maintains detailed Project Schedules (using MS Project) for all assigned projects.
- Works closely with PMO Team Lead/Managers and technical resources to schedule and assign project/task related activities and responsibilities.
- Manages and monitors all project-related work activities assigned to TWD resources.
- Develops and documents Statements of Work (SOW), Basis of Estimates (BOEs), List of Materials (LOMs), and Cost Estimate documentation with minimum or no direction.
- Leads, coordinates, and facilitates recurring meetings with all stakeholders (e.g., customers, TWD Government, TWD resources/engineers, vendors) to ensure project status (schedule, issues, risks, or concerns) is effectively communicated throughout the project.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / Policies and provides recommendations to update/improve/change SOPs, as needed/required.
- Conducts project closeout procedures to include, but not limited to customer closeout meeting, final walk-throughs/surveys, and performs quality review of all actual expenditures (labor and materials) to ensure accurate billing is provided to customer and TWD Customer Service department.
- Creates/Documents project closeout artifacts to include lessons Learned, Root Cause Analysis and After Action Reports, as required.
- Supports process improvement activities as directed.
Bachelor's degree and 9+ years of experience or equivalent experience for education to include:
- 6+ years of experience leading large/complex projects related to telecom/data networks in a multivendor environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role on telecom and/or network-centric IT projects or programs.
- Proven people management skills with customer-facing experience.
- Proficient with scheduling (using Microsoft Project ) and project forecasting/estimating
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt to various end customers to include government and/or contractors.
- Ability to resolve complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a PMO.
- PMP Certified or in progress strongly desired.
- ITILv3 Certified or in progress.
- Familiarity with working with network infrastructure (wired / wi-fi) in and around secured space (e.g., SCIF – Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility)
SECRET (Active) with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability