Job ID: 1926912
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Network Circuit Integrator to perform Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) functions for our Government Customers. The successful candidate will perform an array of network and transport engineering, project management, and technical planning activities. The position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires travel up to 50% of each year to include global travel.
- Maintaining the configuration management database for the customer's transport network
- Interact frequently with network and transport services providers to resolve network anomalies and performance issues, as well as to determine future products to meet the Customer's strategic initiatives for services
- Provide engineering for optical circuit design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting efforts
- Develop circuit specifications, test methodologies, and exercise testing techniques to verify that circuits meet all required specifications
- Perform requirements analysis, schedule review, and cost estimation for requested services requiring new/additional transport bandwidth
- Conduct risk assessment and analysis of network architectures, and identify mitigations to minimize risk of outages on services
- Perform technical evaluation of vendor documentation, including network designs and technical details.
- Document and support coordination of memoranda of understanding and other cross-organization documents which detail service level agreements.
- Review daily assessment reports of network health and performance, and provide technical guidance to operations personnel and vendors as necessary to resolve network performance issues.
- Understand IC Partner network architectures, and provide consultation and technical input regarding cross-community transport questions.
- Serve as Transport Services site liaison for various locations
- Provide network/transport engineering expertise for various special projects.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. Significant experience may override education
-Must possess recent and relevant experience with advanced telecommunications networks
-Must have expert level understanding of advanced telecommunications networks
-Must be experienced with Open System Interconnections (OSI) layer 1 and 2 connectivity
-Must demonstrate understanding of communication network(s) physical and data layers
-Must have recent and relevant intelligence community experience
- 5+ years’ experience performing network design/engineering/analysis
activities for an IC Agency's network requirements
- Strong network troubleshooting and analytical skills in the network domain
-Must be willing and able to travel globally
-Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the year
-Must possess current TS/SCI with Poly
Desired Qualifications- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering lifecycle, including scheduling, risk management, and risk mitigation as applied to the network domain
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability