Senior Contracts Professional should have deep federal expertise, and will serve
as a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders across SAIC.
position requires extensive contracting knowledge of and experience in the federal
government, specifically Civilian Agencies (i.e. – Department of State)
accountable for consistently and effectively:
depth and breadth of contracting and negotiation knowledge to develop and
communicate acquisition, proposal development and contract execution strategies.
and implementing negotiation strategies for the terms and conditions in managed
relationships and strategies to optimize SAIC’s interests and mitigate business
and financial risk.
and educating various internal business partners on contracting strategies,
marketplace dynamics, and customer insights.
perspectives and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced,
holistic point of view, effectively weighing and communicating trade-off
This hands on and influential role offers the
unique chance to creatively shape and lead the delivery of professional
contract management services in one of our most strategic accounts using and
deploying Contract Management practices.
successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to
agility and interpersonal skills - Builds and maintains partnerships within and
outside one’s functional team as well as external to the company
agility – Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses
on activities that add the most value
making – Thinks through problems clearly and logically; is decisive
and business expertise – Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong
relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
– Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and
can be depended on for truthfulness
and collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates;
offers support and encouragement
results – Is goal-directed and persistent; is accountable for meeting
commitments; recognizes the contributions of peers
- Innovation and
Creativity - Breaks down traditional barriers to find creative solutions; the
ability to think outside the box to develop new ways of contracting and
partnering with customers
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA or other related Graduate-level degree is preferred.
- +10 years of experience in contract administration. +5 years commercial background in Information technology outsourcing business (e.g. Managed Services).
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work and communicate with internal and external customers for mutually beneficial outcomes.
Minimum Required skills & Abilities
- Contract & Commercial background in Information Technology Outsourcing business (e.g. Managed Services, ITO) with expertise in proactive contract management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Assertive, proactive, hands-on, persuasive
- Business focus, solution and problem solving oriented, and ability to assess contractual topics in ways to improve contracts’ productivity
- Strong written correspondence skills
- Ability to synthesize complex legal & contractual topics and communicate to internal (or external) collaborators with different backgrounds and disciplines
- Experience in contract risk management and negotiations
- Ability to forge and maintain good relationships both internally and with the customer and able to work well as part of a team but also independently
- Deliver on commitments: be reliable, highly organized and structured, risk sensitive, agile and creative.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle a fluctuating workload and multiple priorities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability