is seeking a Principal Network Engineer to join our talented team in our
Chantilly, VA office. The ideal candidate shall be able to design,
develop, and support the best in class IT Infrastructure. The ideal
candidate should have excellent analytical and problem-solving and
communication skills such as identification, risk analysis, solution
generation, prioritization, goal setting and conflict resolution. The
selected candidate will report into the Network Solution Engineering Team.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or comparable experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years hand-on experience is required, with the ability to configure networking equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Routing and Switching: VLAN, Spanning Tree Protocol, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Experience with DNS, configuration backup, and government security practices.
- Data Center Network Architecture
- Expert understanding of networking technology (Switches; Routers; Firewalls; Load Balancers; Security Products (VPN; NAC; etc.). Experience with VPLS/MPLS is a plus.
- Experience with NSX and ACI
- Ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance, and develop automated corrective measures.
- Hands on experience with router, switch, and firewall configuration
- Understanding of IP based platforms and addressing, DHCP, DNS, Cisco products and technology, client/server computing (Aruba experience a plus)
- Familiarity with DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), STIGs, and manual checklists
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communications skills; capable of interfacing with all levels of management, project managers, development engineers, Helpdesk team, and other technical and administrative departments.
- Skilled in trending chronic problems, engaging in capability planning, analyzing security events, as well as preparing the corresponding documentation
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Quality of Service (QOS) deep-level architecture and troubleshooting
- Professional level vendor certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, and JNCIA are highly desired.
- Aptitude to program in an administrative language, as well as prepare, test, and deploy scripts aimed at improving efficiencies or correcting problems.
- Hands on experience with Solar Winds
- Ability to design and deploy NAC Solutions, ClearPass and OnGuard a PLUS
- Have 2-3 years of experience with Site Survey Tools (Air Magnet or Ekuhua) in multiple verticals
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability