Job ID: 1926702
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an immediate need for a Associate Software Engineer to support the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) in continuation of the Improved Data Modem (IDM) sustainment and development.
The IDM is a communication device for the Army rotorcraft digital fleet. It is an Airworthy hardware and software system. The S3I is supporting software sustainment for fielded IDM systems an update to transition to the IDM 401 Multi-Core Processor (MCP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support complete software development lifecycle for development
· Perform Systems and Software Integration
· Perform Unit Test and Code Coverage analysis
· Support production of software documentation (SDD, SVD, SUM, STP, STD) sufficient to support airworthiness certification.
· Support analysis of system, software, and hardware specifications and interface documents
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and 0+ years or more applicable experience
Clearance Requirement: Be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
· Software development using C/C++
· Familiarity with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Microsoft Visual Studio
· Unit Test and Code Coverage
· Less than 10% Travel should be expected
· Ability to work under a deadline
· Strong desire to continually learn and improve
· Proficient in MS Office
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability