Job ID: 1926702
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an immediate need for a Associate Software Engineer to support the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) in continuation of the Improved Data Modem (IDM) sustainment and development.
The IDM is a communication device for the Army rotorcraft digital fleet. It is an Airworthy hardware and software system. The S3I is supporting software sustainment for fielded IDM systems an update to transition to the IDM 401 Multi-Core Processor (MCP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support complete software development lifecycle for development
· Perform Systems and Software Integration
· Perform Unit Test and Code Coverage analysis
· Support production of software documentation (SDD, SVD, SUM, STP, STD) sufficient to support airworthiness certification.
· Support analysis of system, software, and hardware specifications and interface documents
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and 0+ years or more applicable experience
Clearance Requirement: Be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
· Software development using C/C++
· Familiarity with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Microsoft Visual Studio
· Unit Test and Code Coverage
· Less than 10% Travel should be expected
· Ability to work under a deadline
· Strong desire to continually learn and improve
· Proficient in MS Office
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability