SAIC is seeking a PMO Manager to join our account team supporting
a major state & local government customer. The PMO Manager is an
experienced Project / Program Manager who will be a core member of the
leadership team providing infrastructure services to a variety of
geographically disperse customers. The PMO manager is accountable for the
multi-vendor PMO and associated projects under management; key duties include:
- Creation of the multi-customer
Program Management Office including supporting processes, procedures, and
- Working with customers to
evaluate, define, and prioritize demand requests for resources and services
- Provide leadership and guidance to
project managers and supporting resources in support of PMO activities
- Supporting Business Case
development, financial analysis and benefits definitions for projects and
- Integrating Project and Program
lifecycle activities and processes with the broader infrastructure services
provided including day-to-day options
- Managing the overall Portfolio of
Projects for to optimize overall project performance and minimize overall
- Manage a portfolio of resources to
effective forecasting, allocation, and utilization on projects
- Own, maintain, update, and improve
the process(es) used to support project management lifecycle activities
- Provide status reports,
presentations and communications regarding the PMO, projects, and programs
- Interface with IT Financial
Management to cost, track, and conduct invoicing / chargeback activities
- Manage and resolve issues relating
to resource demands, priority conflicts, and scheduling across multiple vendors
and customers using shared infrastructure and services.
The PMO Manager will serve as the key representative and
spokesperson for the PMO and will be accountable for PMO strategy,
capabilities, long range goals and objectives along with achievement of
objectives for service performance, cost and schedule. The PMO Manager will be
responsible for the maturity and optimization of the portfolio of projects
across the environment. The PMO Manager will frequently interact directly with
customers during project meetings, direct interactions, and through
participation in IT Governance activities relating to the PMO.
Required Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience successfully starting up and managing a dynamic, responsive PMO serving a variety of decentralized customers.
and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; may consider a high school
education with an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
skills with: MS Office products, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server,
and Microsoft SharePoint
years of project management experience for complex infrastructure projects
years of PMO experience
- Must have experience with the management of multiple vendors, subcontractors including direct and indirect resources.
- Must have demonstrated a track record of working toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated and Virtually self-supervisory.
- Experience in full portfolio and program management is a must, with demonstrated accomplishment in the creation, management, and ongoing optimization of a PMO.
certification preferred (Foundation or above)
with ServiceNOW preferred
with Oracle Primavera preferred
- Experience with state & local government customers is a strong plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability