SAIC is seeking experienced personnel for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office Policy, Plans and Analysis directorate to develop policies, strategies and approaches, plans, and national-level reports supporting the DHS CWMD mission. Additionally, the individual will support coordination at the Federal interagency level and with specific Federal agencies in completing tasks and assignments.
The Senior Management Analyst applies applicable management analysis processes, modeling and simulation tools, and technical techniques to provide the services required. Employs process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects. Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and additional forms of knowledge transfer. Serves as key coordinator among multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of management efforts. Provides daily supervision and direction to personnel performing management analysis tasking.
The Senior Management Analyst will support the following:
• Policy development and coordination for DHS on WMD; technical nuclear forensics; health security; food, agriculture, and veterinary defense; and related matters.
• Coordination of DHS engagement with National Security Council and other White House organizations on WMD; technical nuclear forensics; health security; food, agriculture, and veterinary defense; and related matters.
• Policy review of all DHS external communications on WMD; health security; food, agriculture, and veterinary defense; and related matters (e.g., testimony, questions for the record, legislative proposals, strategy documents, and budget justifications).
• Promulgation and coordination of DHS Component and interagency grant policy development related to WMD, technical nuclear forensics; health security; food, agriculture, and veterinary defense; and related matters.
• Policy review on all CWMD Office ExecSec packages, including packages assigned from DHS ExecSec.
• Development and coordination of strategic and implementation plans for DHS on WMD; technical nuclear forensics; health security food, agriculture, and veterinary defense; and related matters.
• Development and coordination for DHS of interagency strategic plans in the WMD; technical nuclear forensics; health security; and food, agriculture, and veterinary defense mission space.
• Coordination of, and participation in, development of external strategic and implementation plans on behalf of the CWMD Office.
• Development of CWMD Office strategic and implementation plans.
• Support to the PPD Director and CWMD Office in the DHS Strategy and Policy Executive Steering Committee.
Food, Agriculture, and Veterinary Defense:
• Expanding and continuing vulnerability assessments of the agriculture and food sectors.
• Developing and implementing mitigation strategies to protect vulnerable critical production nodes
• Ensuring adequate local response capabilities for potential terrorist attack on agriculture, disease outbreak, or natural disaster.
• Developing a coordinated agriculture and food-specific standardized response plan.
• Establishing information sharing and analysis mechanisms in cooperation with appropriate private sector entities.
• Providing oversight and integration of the Department’s activities related to veterinary public health, food defense, and agricultural security.
• Supporting the Department’s policy initiatives relating to food, animal, and agriculture incidents, and the impact of such incidents on animal and public health.
• Supporting the Department’s policy initiatives relating to overall domestic preparedness for and collective response to agricultural terrorism.
• Coordinating with other Department components, including U.S. Customs and Border Protection, as appropriate, on activities related to food and agriculture security and screening procedures for domestic and imported products.
• Coordinating with appropriate Federal departments and agencies.
• Organization of inter-agency and inter-component meetings to plan and coordinate the development and issuance of CWMD annual reports.
• Development of data calls to inter-agency and inter-component operational partners to support the development of initial drafts of Congressional and other reports.
• Drafting of and finalizing reports in accordance to guidance provided by CWMD.
• Adjudication of comments from inter-agency and inter-component reviews of draft reports.
• Developing Government Performance and Reporting Act (GPRA) measures and collecting and reporting on quarterly performance measures.
• Completion of other reporting related tasks as assigned.
Education: MS or MA degree.
General Experience: Must have at least 10 years experience performing management analysis.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 8 years of specialized management analysis experience in areas such as business process reengineering, configuration management, quality control/assurance, organizational performance assessments, mission analysis, and strategic planning.
Experience with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) desirable.
Active Secret Clearance required
Must be able to successfully obtain a DHS Suitability clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability