is seeking a cable and harness technician on the OMES II contract in support of
the Restore-L program in the Satellite Servicing Projects Division (SSPD) at
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center
(GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L
is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO)
satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the
Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element
comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting
networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle
and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design,
engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through
an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV
integration will be conducted at GSFC.
will provide cable and harness assembly support for the Restore-L flight
harness and other Restore-L payload subsystems.
repairs, fabrication, modification and installation of electrical wiring
harnesses, cables, wires, wiring assemblies and associated parts for electrical
ground support equipment and flight hardware
and interpret work instructions, schematics, wirelists and drawings.
connector pin crimping, soldering, cabling and chassis wiring
quality of the hardware is maintained and NASA quality and safety standards and
procedures are followed.
work is done with completeness, accuracy, adherence to operation sheets, ISO
procedures, schedules and assigned tasks.
record, and analyze test data and results
to determine conformance to supplied documentation
recommendations, issues, and risks to engineers and management
the engineers in assessing and recommending design modifications.
relevant certifications and knowledge of industry standard practices,
procedures, and parts
participate in planning for procurement and kitting
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS diploma and 11+ years of relevant experience or AA degree in relevant field and 9+ years of experience required
- Ability to obtain and
maintain IPC J-STD-001 certification
- Ability to obtain and
maintain NASA 8739.4 or IPC 620 with Space Addendum certification
- Must be able to pass Government background investigation.
- Cable harness fabrication and assembly experience, preferably at NASA or for a spaceflight application
- Ability to perform soldering and crimping
- Knowledge of tools and equipment to perform required functions
- Ability to accomplish complex wiring tasks
- Experience with various hand tools and test equipment to include: multi-meters, vector network analyzers, copper certification testers, retention testers, and basic hand tools.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand, apply, and enforce engineering, technical, and maintenance specifications, policies, standards and procedures to ensure the quality and safety of assemblies
- Ability to communicate with the project engineer/designer on any issues pertaining to the task
- Ability to work within specific compliance standards and with accepted practices and work assignments
- Ability to obtain and maintain all relevant trainings and certifications
- IPC J-STD-001 and/or NASA 8739 certification training
- Experience with polymeric applications
- Experience working with program requirements, equipment
performance specs, wire connection lists, schematics, wire gauge sizing,
connector selection and related cabling and harnessing documentation
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to
- Familiarity with MIL standards and requirements, NASA standards
and requirements, AS9100 or ISO 9001
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must be capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams
across multiple systems
- Able to plan and prioritize work effort and quickly respond to
issues and questions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability