Java Developer – Senior-Level (Low)
Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Telework: Limited, ad-hoc, as needed
Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties
• Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects to assign and monitor coding tasks within a Scrum team.
• Lead, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
• Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
• Debug and resolve application and data issues.
• Mentor, coach and develop Scrum team members.
• Bachelor’s degree (4 years experience in lieu of)
5+ years of software development experience utilizing Java.
• Must obtain an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification within 120 days after hire
NOTE: x denotes Java version. A specific version is not required to meet this requirement; the candidate can achieve certification in any version offered by Oracle.
• Excellent team player in a diverse culture
• Display the ability to work under pressure
• Display the desire and ability to act as a mentor/coach/teacher
• Expertise with a version-control system such as Subversion
• Expertise with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse
• Expertise with a configuration/build tool such as Maven
• Expertise with a continuous-integration server such as Jenkins
• Expertise with a unit-testing framework such as JUnit
• Expertise with third-party APIs and frameworks such as Spring
• Experience working in a Scrum environment
• Experience with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web service paradigms and protocols such as SOAP and REST is preferred.
• Experience with Single-Page Applications (SPA) is desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability