Deskside Services Technician
Job ID: 1926496
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Service Technician will provide support and maintenance within the
organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing,
diagnosing and maintaining all desktop equipment, printers, audio/visual
conferencing equipment, software applications and mobile devices to ensure
optimal performance. Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via
telephone/remote control (off-site users).
proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment by
identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
deskside assistance to resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge
transfer to end users on a variety of computer-related issues.
scheduled moves, installations and cancellations, as well as other Move/Add/Change
quality level II support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction,
technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and
coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
technical issues and/or investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity
of the problem and seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues.
Must know when to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
ServiceNow for issue tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are
accompanied by a ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive
all tickets are resolved within documented service levels.
with asset management, network services, software systems engineering,
applications development and/or printer maintenance services to restore service
and/or identify and correct core problem.
in developing and documenting improvements to current processes,
creating/updating KAs and SOPs.
excellent presentation, verbal communication and written skills.
technology refresh support as needed.
other tasks as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a deskside services role supporting end users; troubleshooting and resolving all aspects of computer hardware and software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2016).
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills, and be able to handle pressure.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and co-workers is crucial.
- Some moderately heavy lifting (computers, monitors, printers, etc.) is required.
- This job is performed indoors in an office setting. At times may require travel to another building within the complex (walkable) or in Northern Virginia (shuttle).
- This position requires extensive walking and standing, as well as sitting for brief periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 45 pounds, as well as climb under/around desks for cable management.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.
- Dell hardware (laptop, desktop, tablet, 2-in-1) and Apple iPhone experience a plus.
- Experience supporting Crestron video teleconferencing equipment a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability