The SAIC Program Office responsible for the Virtual Systems
Engineering Support contract, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama currently has an
opening for a Mechanical Engineer.
The Mechanical Engineer will be a member of a team providing
hardware and software development, documentation and test support for the
Virtual Systems Engineering Support contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will design, build, assemble and test
electro-mechanical systems, tactical and trainer electronics enclosure systems,
and participate in the installation of these systems and various prototype
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks, either
independently or under supervision, which are broad in nature and are concerned
with the design and implementation of mechanical systems.
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development,
and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer
- Responsible for working with a team of project managers,
fellow designers, drafters, and engineers in support of the development of
complex designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment
after the initial design concepts have been developed along with project
- Develop requirements, designs, and prototypes and
integrate the mechanical components on military systems.
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and
validation of new designs.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and
- Implementation and use of Configuration Management tools
- Perform detailed documentation to track project
development and design process. This includes Engineering Records Release
(ERR), Engineering Change Proposal (ECP), and Notification of Revision (NOR)
documentation as required by the US Army.
- Must have experience in Structural Design and Analysis.
- Working knowledge of Finite Element Methods and experience
with thermal analysis.
- Ability to apply ASME Y14 standards including the
application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance to complete technical
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations on test plans
and procedures, test objectives, and test setup – especially shock, vibration,
and thermal stress.
- Experience in fabrication work instruction generation.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in a fluid and dynamic
- Detail oriented; must have the ability to work quickly and
accurately; must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; must
be able to work with team members to accomplish team objectives on schedule;
and must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and maturity.
- BS degree and 2+ years of experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- SolidWorks CAD experience; or with other related tools
such as Inventor, Pro-E, Solid Edge, etc.
- Working knowledge of Geometric- Dimensioning and
- Working knowledge of military and DOD practices and
- Working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office
Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel tools.
- Matlab, Mathcad, Patran/Nastran, GFSSP composite materials
design and fabrication
Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability