SAIC is seeking a visionary Infrastructure Automation expert to support our Department of State customer in Washington DC. The selected candidate will champion the cultural and physical adoption of infrastructure automation from strategy to execution to governance in a large, dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging IT environment.
- Champion infrastructure automation initiatives throughout the full life cycle, addressing the significant complexity and scale challenges inherent to next-generation technologies.
- Prepare for automation by developing the strategy, teams, and roadmaps to IT Modernization.
- Leverage Cloud, DevOps, DevSecOps, AIOps, and containerization expertise to design, build, and deliver modernized infrastructure via scripting, workflows, and automation (i.e., Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)).
- Leverage virtualization, IaaS/Paas, and Saas as a foundation to broker and deliver cloud and other services to the end customer.
- Automate configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, updates).
- Lead ongoing governance modernization efforts, including policy, security, compliance, and change management.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- May support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and bases of estimate
- May support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
- May support strategic alliances with outside vendors
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or additional experience in lieu of degree)
• 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, or related
- Expert level knowledge and hands on experience scripting and automating infrastructure is required
- Experience with DevOps, DevSecOps, AIOps, containerization, and related tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Experience with at least one major Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- In depth understanding of IT Modernization methodologies and best practices, including Cloud Migration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level Cloud and Virtualization certifications are not a hard requirement but are very strongly preferred to demonstrate mastery:
- VMware Certified Professional 6 (VCP6)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration
US Citizenship is required
Able to obtain up to a Top Secret level DoD clearance
Location: Customer site in Washington DC
Up to 10% travel, as requested
Desired Experience and Certifications:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability