SAIC has an immediate need for a Sr. Network Solutions Architect to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video, and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
- Responsible for development and communication of strategic and creative solutions for large, complex international networks to meet Program and Customer requirements.
- Provide vision for future direction, IT innovations, new technologies
- Develop Enterprise Network Architecture to include LAN/WAN, encryption, DNS, DHCP, Firewall, security, software defined network(SDN), voice, video, data, collaboration and Cloud components
- Develops Strategy and Roadmap to implement services in accordance with the architecture
- Develop strategic implementation plans based on technology and requirements
- Develop multi-year integrated information technology plans
- Investigate and study emerging network technologies to develop innovative solutions to requirements
- Participate in standard forums and boards to influence direction
- Serve as the primary technical management interface with Key customers.
- Lead strategic projects and budgets; manages schedules.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a project or program
- Interact / communicate / coordinate frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels. Often plays a key role in cooperative effort among members of a project team made up of representatives from other departments. .
- Support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
Education and Experience: Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
Certifications Desired: CCIE, CCNP, AWS Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Specialty – Networking, AWS Specialty – Security, MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CCSP, CASP, CISSP, Security+, PMP, ITIL
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience
- Experience developing strategic, technically advanced solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network technologies and services, computing systems, applications, security, cloud
- Some business travel is required
- Experience in large Enterprise International Network and Telecommunications solutions development and service delivery
- Subject Matter Expertise in developing solutions to achieve cost savings and architectural improvements
- Ability to develop solutions and architecture models for a variety of contractual service delivery models
- Ability to complete difficult, complex, and sometimes partially specified assignments.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives.
- Carrier Services Industry experience.
- Information Technology (IT) Operations and Service Delivery Experience
- Experience supporting Federal Government Customers
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability