SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms. SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer in Pasadena, California, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The NASA IV&V Program is located in Fairmont, West Virginia at the Katherine Johnson NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Facility, and is in need of an IV&V Program liaison and individual contributor located at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), located in Pasadena, California.
This high visibility position communicates and coordinates regularly with the IV&V Office of the NASA IV&V Program, JPL project points-of-contact, the SAIC SAS Program Management Office, and IV&V projects for JPL missions and systems. In addition to the role of JPL liaison for IV&V, this position includes an individual contributor role, performing IV&V analysis for one or more JPL IV&V projects. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable in both the liaison and individual contributor roles.
- Serves as a representative and liaison for all NASA IV&V JPL missions on behalf of the NASA IV&V Program. Specifically, represents the needs (i.e., artifacts needed to perform the IV&V analyses) and technical results, conclusions, and recommendations of the IV&V teams to the various JPL development project personnel and works to establish and maintain mutual understanding and cooperation. Participates in meetings between IV&V Project teams and the JPL Project point of contract
- Also performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- In both of the above roles, prepares and delivers technical presentations, reports (e.g., technical and status related), and discussions/briefings to the IV&V Program team(s) and to the JPL Project development team(s).
- 15 years of experience in software engineering and development with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program or a Master’s degree in an engineering related degree program and 12 years of experience.
- Experience with all major aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, and test.
- Experience with C/C++ source code
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Familiarity with NASA and Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Software Development practices and standards
- Demonstrated experience in preparation and delivery of technical briefings to audiences such as customers, development teams, or development contractors. Technical briefings could include project milestone reviews (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR), technical interchange meetings, walkthroughs, working groups, etc. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with multiple phases of software development for one or more JPL projects
- Experience with Guidance, Navigation, and Control for a spacecraft or satellite
- Experience with Robotics as it relates to command and control of vehicle mobility and/or robotic arms
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability