SAIC is looking to hire an Avionics Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering support to the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) System Integration and Management team in Huntsville, AL.
- The AMCS System is a software modernization of the current Improved Data Modem (IDM) 401 System that is planned to align the AMCS with Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA), Common Operating Environment (COE), and Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) guidelines. The AMCS platform will host the IDM Software Application (ISA) and other avionics applications. Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus.
- Provide strong System Engineering skills and experience to the AMCS team.
- Writing and reviewing system-level requirements.
- Applying avionics knowledge to system level development and collaborate with other team members on avionics specs
- Candidate will assist in the development, integration, and testing of hardware and software for evaluation and certification of modifications to commercial and military tactical avionics
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Systems Engineering experience – demonstrated ability to think at the system level and address mission needs without jumping down to the design level.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Good verbal and written skills are required
- MUST be eligible for a Secret clearance; prefer active secret
Desired Skills / Working Knowledge
- Army aviation experience: e.g., familiarity with Army aviation networks and avionics is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of the Future Airborne Capabilities Environment (FACE) technical standard is a plus.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches and processes is a plus. Prior experience with SysML notations and methods is not required, but willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies is expected
- Experience with Magic Draw / Cameo is a plus
- Systems Engineering Certification by INCOSE (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) is a plus
- Experience with non-functional requirements (constraints or “-ilities”) in general, and the U.S Army Aviation’s Comprehensive Architecture Strategy (CAS) in particular, is a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability