SAIC currently has a job opening for a Material Coordinator, in Hanahan, South Carolina.
The Material Coordinator will assist in the coordination and expedition flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities. The Material Coordinator will also be responsible for compiling and maintaining manual or computerized records as well as providing support with asset management, material receipt. This position will report to the Project Manager and Logistics Lead.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department leads to determine material requirements.
- Requisitions material and ensures material preparation is complete, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- Coordinate with departments to ensure efficient movement of all materials and evaluate all materials issued for production
- Initiates internal movement or transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- Utilize product life cycle management software and Microsoft SharePoint
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics’ processes.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum three years of warehouse experience at facility involved in the following tasks:
- Logistics experience in industry or Government supporting manufacturing, electronic/electrical installation, upgrade, and refurbishment of equipment.
- Logistics experience in industry or Government supporting the acquisition, distribution of materials, equipment, and resources.
- Experience with CMPro or other life cycle management software to support Contractor Acquired Property and Government Furnished Property inventory requirements
- Experience creating work products and utilizing functions in Microsoft Office Programs (Word and Excel)
- Active Public Trust Clearance.
- Possess or working towards Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business related field of study.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability