This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1926176
Location: VIENNA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2019
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
The Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Manager is responsible for the hands on management of the Business Resiliency program. This position requires a proven subject matter expert with demonstrated competency in the planning, development, program execution, maintenance and testing of Enterprise Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis/Incident Management programs.
Additional responsibilities include risk, controls and compliance management, supporting BC/DR audit and examination activities, and development and maintenance of policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with the best practices NIST, ISO 22301, and BCP handbook. Familiarity with fundamental IT concepts, infrastructure and data center technologies is required. This position will require communication and coordination across the organization - the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Manager must demonstrate strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
Role and Responsibilities for the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Manager.
Business Continuity Planning
• Overall – Act as the primary point of contact with the client and other stakeholders for all things related to Business Continuity Planning. Ensure that plans are properly rated for all business process areas, contain all required sections, and reflect current conditions. Ensure that plans and strategies are appropriate, cohesive and viable, and could be used to recover key functions within required time frames.
• Conduct BIA for assigned Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and Shared Service Units (SSUs).
• Train resources as needed, in the correct implementation of BC & DR processes, standards and impart training to ensure recoverability of business processes and supporting services across SBUs and SSUs.
• Support review and maintenance of business continuity policy, standards and processes.
• Support internal reporting and tracking of business continuity related issues and remediation activities.
• Support assigned oversight areas with the creation, maintenance and testing of their various business continuity plans.
• Support the identification of Business Continuity related risks (internal / external), the assessment of their likelihood, as well as potential impacts and risk mitigation plans.
• Proactively identify and implement BCP program and process improvements.
• Provide ongoing SME guidance and assistance to SBUs and SSUs on business continuity matters.
Disaster Recovery Planning
Overall – Act as the primary point of contact for DR Planning activities. Ensure that IT DR applications have a fully documented, tested, executable plans that contain all the required information, reflect current conditions from an IT infrastructure recovery standpoint, and able to support the recovery objectives of the organization.
• Design, coordinate and execute BCP/DR annual test exercises, and produce test and after action reports including lessons learned. Coordinate follow up on lessons as required.
• Partner with infrastructure, security and application areas to develop and maintain recovery procedures for Tier 1 business applications.
• Work with business customers and stakeholders in documenting recovery priorities, time lines, and strategy for proper sequence of recovery components.
• Educate and train IT members in practices of technology risk disaster recovery planning.
• Review existing and proposed plans for recoverability effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Provide guidance to management in self-assessing their control environment.
• Assist Crisis Management / Incident Management teams during service disruption events, and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
• Develop, review and maintain third party contracts for hardware and telecom services for Disaster Recovery hardware equipment and location resources.
• Clear and agile thinking and analysis that leads to win-win innovative solutions while delivering on-time and on budget
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 8 years of hands on Business Continuity and/or IT Disaster Recovery experience, with at least 4 years in a management role.
• Relevant Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Risk or Audit certifications preferred. (One or more certifications MBCP, CBCP, ABCP, CRISC, CISA).
Business Continuity Certified Expert BCCE Preferred
Business Continuity Certified Planner BCCP Preferred
Business Continuity Certified Specialist BCCS Preferred
Disaster Recovery Certified Planner DRCP Preferred
• Experience in 4 or more of the following BCP framework components:
• Business Resumption Planning,
• Crisis Management Planning,
• Incident Response Planning,
• Disaster Recovery Planning,
• Plan Exercising/Testing,
• Conducting BIAs,
• Experience in performing BC Audits or Experience in managing and coordinating the response to a major, unplanned disruptive event that required activation of the BC/DR/Incident or Crisis Management Plans.
• Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders, senior leadership team, and department heads, etc.
• Executive-level written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate BC/DR related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Highly polished public presentation and communication skills required to present to Sr. Management
• Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
• Ability to understand and apply DR concepts to both mainframe and distributed environments
• Knowledge and experience in performing assessments aligned with the best practices
• Knowledge of the DRII/BCI BCDR frameworks
• Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and drive tactical execution
• Possess a good understanding of appropriate leading-edge technologies.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability