Job ID: 1926136
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a rewarding position supporting the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) at the Johnson Space Center in Houston helping to continue our exploration of space. Come join our team and help us continue the mission of space exploration. The Gateway Program will provides NASA a foothold around the moon providing access to the lunar surface and missions to Mars. The Gateway Systems Engineer responsibilities include perform system safety and reliability evaluations of proposed Gateway missions prior to on-orbit operations
- Support Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews of Gateway systems hardware, provide engineering evaluations against design and safety requirements.
- Assure the technical adequacy of analyses developed for the Gateway Program.
- This position will require extensive oral and written interaction with high level customer personnel.
- Participate in the Gateway forums to provide S&MA engineering support in vehicle development. Provide technical engineering support to NASA Gateway Program Representatives to decision-making boards and panels.
- Review and assess safety analysis hazard reports, requirement non-compliances, and support programmatic safety reviews.
- Evaluate safety and mission assurance impacts of proposed engineering changes to Gateway hardware and processes.
- Assess Failure Modes and Effects Analyses and Critical Items for S&MA engineering for accuracy and completeness.
- Assess Gateway hardware Problem Reports to ensure that they capture safety and reliability issues.
Education and experience:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability