SAIC has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Program Analyst to join a successful team supporting a national program. The Program Analyst directly supports the customer Program Manager and Program Office staff. He/she enhances the PM and Program Office’s effectiveness by providing personalized acquisition and program management execution support. The successful candidate will support multiple tasks in a fast paced environment in support of the customer’s IT procurement and logistics group:
- Support the customer’s contract performance management activities by assisting the customer with fee plan administration, reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) list, and customer metrics review.
- Run ad hoc metrics in support of the PM and Program Office. Ad hoc metrics include supply chain, logistics, and financial metrics. Must be able to support quick turnaround and aggressive due dates.
- Provide contract transition support to include updates and maintenance of the transition master schedule, communicating milestones to customer budget offices, and working actions to meet milestones.
- Attend meetings to assist customer with oversight of contract execution. Meetings include Program Management Reviews (PMR), Business Management Reviews (BMR) and metrics meetings.
- Review and analyze all data from above meetings and provide recommendation to customer.
- Assist customer with fielding programmatic and financial management questions
- Maintain customer fund and fund center structure in SAP
- Facilitate the customer's monthly contract modification process by collecting and consolidating funding document
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- Possess knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices
- Proven information technology expertise and communications skills to be able to interface with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analysis and evaluations- making recommendations and providing professional advice and assistance to include preparing criteria and analytical aids, briefings, reports and presentations
- Experienced in analysis, planning, coordination and scheduling
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply technical expertise in proper context for management review
- Skilled/comfortable working in high-tempo environment, able to be flexible and to adjust to dynamic political, technical and/or fiscal challenges
- Ability to establish trust-relationships as well as build and lead highly functioning, multi-faceted and “joint” team
Active TS SCI clearance with Polygraph
Desired Qualifications Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) FoundationRecent experience with the NRO Communications Systems Directorate
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability