Job ID: 1926094
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is hiring a Software Engineer to support JROTC's curriculum
management software system at the JROTC Headquarters at Fort Knox, KY.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is for a Software Engineer to develop and sustain JROTC's Curriculum Manager v3 (CM) application. In this position you will be part of a team developing a suite of .NET desktop applications using C#, .NET and WPF.
The purpose of the Curriculum Manager v3 (CM) application is to enable instructors easier access to all curriculum materials and to integrate all3rd party content. The CM is a software application that organizes all Army JROTC Curriculum materials into a centralized integrated database. The CM is also seamlessly integrates with the Infrared (IR), Radio Frequency (RF), and Virtual Response Device (VI/VRD) technology. CM allows multiple instructors to use their unique logins on one computer, keeping their rosters and schedules private. Instructors also have the ability to share curriculum plans (core and electives) with others on the same computer. The software engineer provide JROTC /JSOCC Training and Tech support and directly interface with the end using customers to ensure the supported system is being used effectively and efficiently. Maximizing the capability of the system in the field is a fundamental responsibility of this candidate.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps (JROTC) is the largest youth program, with an accredited curriculum, in high school. It serves as a character and leadership development program for our nation’s high school students. High school students enrolled in JROTC are “Cadets”.
There are approximately 314,000 Cadets enrolled in JROTC in 1,731 high schools, led by 4,000 retired Army Instructors.
This program’s design focuses on the development of better citizens by building skills in leadership, personal growth and behaviors, citizenship, decision making, health and fitness, first aid, team building, service learning, and geography; all within a student-centered learning environment.
- Developing documented, reliable, well-tested, extensible and maintainable code
- Performing software analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines
- Interpreting and analyzing requirements obtained/derived from customers
- Reviewing, verifying and/or validating system specifications and other design-related documentation
- Other activities include working with System Engineers and test teams, as well as supporting demonstrations, test events and development of system documentation
-Direct front line interface with customers ensuring the end user is trained and using the software successfully.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and (0) years or more experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, debugging, and testing software in C#
- Experience working on .NET desktop applications and a strong understanding of object-oriented development.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well in a team development environment
- Experience working with Perforce or other software version control tools in an agile development environment
-Help desk experience and/or a demonstrated ability to communicate with end users to solve technical and application challenges
US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability