Job ID: 1925922
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 21, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Deputy Director for Strategic Technology Protection & Exploitation (STP&E) in the development and application of system security engineering and program protection for the Department of Defense (DoD), to include policy and guidance as well as program oversight of its planning and implementation with regard to major defense acquisition programs (MDAPs) on Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) oversight.
Objective: Assist the customer leads for Anti-Tamper (AT) and Hardware Assurance (HwA) in identifying systems assurance and program protection risks and mitigating strategies, particularly in support of HwA, to protect the United States’ most advanced military technologies.
The successful candidate will provide SAIC's systems engineering microelectronics policy and guidance support to the ODD, STP&E in HwA.
Job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
• Support the development, coordination, and implementation of microelectronics system security engineering (SSE) and HwA policy, guidance, and lessons learned including supporting the development of the DoD microelectronics policy.
• Develop and track Congressional reports, responses and other requirements and activities in support of the National Defense Authorization Act, Government Accountability Office, Office of the Inspector General, national and DoD initiatives, etc.
• Serve as a HwA and microelectronics policy and guidance subject matter expert (SME) interface with other DoD Components.
• Develop, review, and recommend HwA and microelectronics policy, guidance, training, and best practices that align its implementation across the DoD program acquisition lifecycle.
• Support Joint Federated Assurance Center (JFAC) committee and working group activities, e.g., meetings, briefings, draft work products, to ensure HwA and microelectronics considerations are incorporated into its operations.
• Facilitate briefings to senior leadership and SMEs on program protection policy, guidance and expectation, particularly in the area of HwA and microelectronics.
• Provide weekly status updates to senior Department of Defense (DoD) officials.
• Coordinate OSD efforts with Army, Navy, and Air Force, and other DoD Component and United States Government stakeholders.
• Review and provide recommendations on Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and other acquisition and requirements documentation for MDAPs on OSD oversight for appropriate inclusion and application of HwA policy and guidance.• Support other tasks and areas of subject matter expertise, to include the Trusted & Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) program, AT, and software assurance (SwA), with HwA subject matter expertise as required to ensure HwA equities are addressed in those tasks and areas of subject matter expertise.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability