This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925567
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2019
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an immediate need for a Test Engineer who can develop and execute software and system level test scenarios for both automated and manual testing activities. The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical aptitude and work closely with other test engineers, developers and field technicians to coordinate test events. This individual must be a team player and work within an agile software development environment working on a two-week sprint schedule. This role will work closely with project teams and design groups to review functional and system level requirements. Strong technical and documentation skills are needed with a passion for quality.
· Work closely with the architects, developers, and system engineer to develop a solid automated and manual testing solutions
· Conduct Dry Runs, Regression, and Formal Qualification Testing.
· Develop, implement and execute test plans and test cases
· Peer-review test documents written by other test engineers
· Communicate test goals, priorities and status across the organization
· Develop automated functional tests in Test Complete for Java applications and the Android operating system.
· Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/project issues
· Provide ongoing input for continuous improvement of the testing process and be willing to work within the defined testing process
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and 2+ years experience (4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability