Job ID: 1925826
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Avionics Engineer in our Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA to support the Independent Readiness Review Team (IRRT). The team supports the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) space vehicles, launch vehicles, and ground control systems were built properly to perform reliably over the systems mission life. The team mission is to deliver technically superior risk assessments and smart risk mitigation options to assure SMC space systems’ mission success in support of the joint warfighter and the nation. Support the avionics panel by providing technical assistance in the area of launch vehicle avionics hardware systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Technical evaluation and risk assessments of guidance and navigation hardware, thrust vector control, attitude control, electrical power, electrical distribution, electrical interfaces, telemetry, tracking, command, communications, and sensors.
• Evaluation of the design, development, analysis and testing of radio frequency and digital and analog electronic circuits, units and systems, and aspects of hardware in other technical areas (Parts, Materials and Processes).
• Evaluate risk in the area of test and evaluation, to include system test procedures, test results, system and subsystem environmental tests, configuration management, ground support equipment (GSE), system checkout procedures, launch operations, orbital operations, software, system interfaces, post flight analysis, test range instrumentation support and planning, ground and flight safety, and security.
• Technical evaluations and risk assessments in the area of product assurance include quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
• Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support, including subject matter expertise (SME), in support of IRRT mission areas as directed in SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204.
• Ensures SMC space vehicles, launch vehicles, and ground systems were built properly to perform reliably over the system’s mission life.
Support IPTs in developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in those guides.
• Perform peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on space vehicles, control segments, and launch vehicles developed by SMC s prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors.
QualificationsMasters Degree is required in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a Physical Science.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability