Principal Test Engineer_FW ASIL
Job ID: 1925864
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a need for an experienced Principal Test Engineer on our Fixed Wing Avionics Systems Integration Laboratory (FW ASIL) program.
- Individual will be responsible for the planning, execution, supervision, reporting (written) and presentation (oral) at the Program Manager Level test certification results on Avionics (Navigation and Communication) equipment incorporated into US Army fixed wing aircraft.
- Individual must be able to use 1553 and ARINC 429/743 test equipment and to identify sources for additional assets as required to complete analysis of signal fidelity and message non-repudiation.
- Individual must be able to complete analysis in comparison to predicted results and succinctly communicate those results.
- The working environment is office internal and travel is less than 10%.
- The desired experience is from circuit and circuit card through to LRU testing and the ability to articulate coding requirements for monitoring taps and feeds interfaces to the resident software code developer.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in a STEM related field and 9 years of experience
System testing experience in laboratory, manufacturing, development environment, or field certification testing in the qualification of parts, assemblies and units
Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures to demonstrate repeatability at the circuit to circuit; Line Replaceable Unit (LRU); and Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) platform level
Experience developing automated test scripts for test programs
Experience producing Test Reports in customer formats
Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
Good verbal and written communication skills are required
Experience using MS Office products including: MS Project, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word at an intermediate level
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability