Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
Candidate will be responsible for supporting various aspects of accounting and finance functions including periodic and quarterly close cycles, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, audit/compliance, and general ledger analysis to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate working across various functional areas. This will include the periodic revenue recognition activities for the Company’s direct contracts including certifying the integrity of the projects module in Costpoint as it relates to revenue recognition and reporting.
The candidate will provide guidance during initial project setup regarding revenue recognition, contract for accounting purposes/performance obligations, and revenue thresholds for standard contracts. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: Initialization Report review for standard contracts, funding reviews, accrual review, EAC reviews, journal entry preparation, reconciling balances, collections support, fluctuation analysis, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and quarterly reporting support.
Qualifications REQUIRED SKILLS:
• The applicant must be able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Knowledgeable of GAAP
• Familiarity with the FAR
• The candidate should be able to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
• Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks without considerable direction.
• Strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills are required.
• The candidate must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills using complex formulas.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Costpoint, COGNOS experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Accounting) and 4+ years of related experience is required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability