SAIC is seeing a Program Manager in Crane, IN to
support the US Navy.
The Program Manager is responsible for successful
delivery of a program to a customer; or managing performance of a task or
project as part of a larger program under direction of another PM. In this role
you will manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract
requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
We’re looking for someone to manage risk,
customer relationships, and program staffing. Ensuring compliance with quality
standards and escalating challenges to SAIC leadership is key. You will support
business development and program staff management in this vital role.
- Directly responsible and accountable for
overall execution and delivery
- Manages and integrates a large size program
staff that includes subcontractors or suppliers and task or project leads
- Provides guidance and direction to the
internal cross-functional team
- Develops program specific processes, procedures,
techniques, or tools
- Manages in accordance with contract
requirements and ensures technical, schedule, and cost (including financial
–i.e., annual operating plan, gross margin, fee, direct labor, etc.)
- Completes post-award risk assessments and
internal SAIC program reviews in compliance with applicable company policies
and instructions to track performance against specified metrics and assess
service delivery requirements
- Engages Program Team Leads and technical staff
in development and deployment of technical execution and delivery
- Develops and builds customer relationships to
support program requirements and mission areas; monitors customer satisfaction
as it relates to execution of the program
- Identifies challenges to program performance;
escalates challenges to the attention of SAIC leadership; develop go-to-green
plans, as needed, and ensures successful implementation
- Ensures appropriate program staffing (e.g.,
both from a timeliness and financial perspective); verifies demand requests for
program resources are entered in RMS (both hard & soft bookings
- Coordinates all required closeout activities prior
to the end of the program
- Manages forecasting of revenue/margin
projections, where applicable, on standalone programs
- Engages with SAIC functional support team
(e.g. Contracts Representative, Subcontracts Administrator, Program Controller,
HR Business Partner, etc.) to ensure necessary business support is provided for
- Identifies key resources required to manage
and execute to the program baseline often requiring frequent, real time changes
to meet dynamic program needs
- Identifies and analyzes significant variances,
and establishes corrective actions
- Reviewed by Customer Group (CG), Market
Segment (MS), or other staff to assess objectives, impacts, relationships,
synergy, and other program elements of similar or related programs.
- Primary interface for all program aspects and
issues, program and account insight, and serious problem resolution.
MANAGEMENT OF PROGRAM STAFF:
- Possesses mature leadership and management
skills and provides advice and assistance to other PMs.
- Provides strategic vision to the team.
- Escalates and resolves serious program issues.
- Provides significant input to MS on
performance reviews, compensation-related actions, and staffing and hiring
- Participates with the MS in screening and
interviewing potential hires.
- Resolves serious personnel issues in
coordination with MS, HR, and Program Oversight.
- Develops or significantly contributes to a
strategic BD plan to expand current account offerings.
- Develops or significantly contributes to
re-compete capture strategy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of
related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret
PMP certification desired
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability