Job ID: 1925682
Location: RICHMOND, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Metrics and Data
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
About the SAIC MSI Program
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state’s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Service Level Management Analyst to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The Service Level Management Analyst is responsible for defining and managing the operational activities related to Service Level Agreements across a large platform of services. The ideal candidate must also serve as a backup to all position responsibilities using legacy technology and implement capabilities throughout the enterprise for a large infrastructure support program. Essential duties of this position include:
This position ensures that the assets required to deliver services are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about those assets is available when and where it is needed. The Service Level Management Analyst stays abreast of new features and functionality, playing a key role in driving continual service improvement. You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation. This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and reporting capability of IT services. Service Level Management Analyst will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet objectives.
Background / Experience
Must have experience with or the ability to do the following:
- Collaborate with VITA to identify, document and communicate business needs.
- Collaborate effectively with VITA, Vendors, Suppliers and Teams regarding SLA breaches, deficiencies, and successes
- Support governance activities related to Service Level Management
- Developing, managing, and administering service management best practices.
- Monitoring SLA performance for compliance with organizational needs and requirements.
-Facilitating communication between contractual entities, groups
and vendors in order to define and maintain the SLAs required for each business
- Translate customer needs into business requirements and high level technical specifications.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, stakeholders and project sponsors on technical and non- technical topics.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements for the service catalog.
- Develop elements of systems design,
including user stories, business process documentation, workflow charts,
diagrams, data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Strive toward continual optimization across processes using technology to solve issues and increase efficiency.
- Plan functional testing and UAT for projects and enhancements.
- Perform current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows and mock-ups.
- Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the software development lifecycle process.
- Understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Document, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other organizations
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen who must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in a relevant field and 3+ years of relevant experience. May consider a high school education and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- At least 1 year of experience in the ITIL driven IT management environment
interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- At least 1 year of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and common office software applications.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, Internet Explorer, and Access), and Adobe Reader, MS Sharepoint
Desired Qualifications- ITIL Foundation Certification or higher, preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability