Job ID: 1925498
Location: SHALIMAR, FL, United States
Date Posted: May 20, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a software development and simulation engineer with a solid background in structured Software and Simulation Development. Of special interest is the application of Neural Network methods. Strong C++ and Matlab skills are extremely valuable. The team supports the development, evaluation, and testing of munition systems for the United States Air Force Research Laboratory. The team is specifically involved the evaluation of Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) capabilities through test and evaluation; development and integration of machine-learning/neural network solutions; development of simulations and flight test software; algorithm development, algorithm in the loop testing, integrated system simulation testing, component and system modeling, hardware in the loop testing, and flight test demonstrations. This position is located in Shalimar, FL.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Candidate will be expected to work with weapon systems subject matter experts to develop system component models, tactical algorithms, simulations, and support tools to aid in the development and test of both hardware and software.
• These tasks shall include the development, analyses, and tactical implementations of neural networks, artificial intelligence, and machine learning approaches.
• In addition, the engineer may be required to support the development of hardware and software interfaces unique to test units.
• The engineer will be expected to document processes, procedures, and test results, and report these to their program supervisor.
• The candidate will work through full-cycle, structured software development that includes requirements analysis, design, & implementation; Design, code and debug applications in various software languages using object-oriented design where appropriate; and collaborate with other members of the software development and test teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science; or Related field required and 2+ years of related work experience
• Programming Skills such as C++, MatLab, Simulink, and other simulation toolsets
· Experience in research and development in the following areas: Robot Operating System (ROS), neural networks, artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms, development and simulation
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability