Job ID: 1925691
Location: RICHMOND, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Bus Proc Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
About the SAIC MSI Program
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a Multisourcing Service Integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state’s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Change Coordinator to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The Change Coordinator is responsible for defining and managing the operational activities of the Change Management Process, using the ServiceNow platform, and will interact intimately with the Service Tower Suppliers (STS), Customer, and Agencies administered by the MSI. The ideal candidate must also serve as a backup to all position responsibilities and implement capabilities throughout the enterprise for a large infrastructure support program. Essential duties of this position include:
This position is involved in ensuring integration with the other Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Request Management and Fulfillment, Event and other areas of the ITIL framework. The Change Coordinator stays abreast of new features and functionality, playing a key role in driving continual service improvement. You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation. This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and reporting capability of IT services. Change Coordinator will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet objectives.
Must have experience with or have the ability to do the following:
- Change Management Process coordination
- Performs change management monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance
- Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation
- Coordination and management of Major Change Management process activities
- Escalation of risks and issues to the Major Change Management Process Owner
- Coordinate with stakeholders all of the activities associated with environmental changes
- Utilize ITIL/IT
Service Management best practices to identify and analyze patterns and trends
from a variety of data sources
- Analyze root cause, known errors, and track resolution and corrective actions to ensure the root cause does not reoccur
- Support Program and Project Managers in the collection, interpretation, and monitoring of metrics and events, including but not limited to Change Compliance related to SLA and standard dashboard reporting of Key Performance Indicators
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Change Management activities
- Assists with developing and implementing Standard Changes
- Provides backup support as needed for after-hours activities in support of Change Management (Emergency or Coordinated Changes)
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen who must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of relevant work experience. May consider a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience in the ITIL driven IT service management environment, preferably in an Change Management position
- Understands and has demonstrated the use of methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk
- Commands respect for knowledge, experience and excellence within the specific area of Change Management
- Very good understanding of Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, and Change Management processes
interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- At least 1 year of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and common office software applications.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access)
Desired QualificationsITIL Foundation Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability